(*Latin for "ass-covering")
If you can't make your own decisions—and own your own mistakes—then stay away from stocks.
And no matter what:
Never risk what you need. We are investing for the long-term, not gambling for the short-term.
As for the art and writing:
We work rearry hard. Don't rip us off.
As our lawyer would reiterate:
- Our Work is Copyrighted: All of the writing in our arena is the property of Find Fat Fish LLC, and is protected under copyright. None of the material may be reproduced without our written permission (in print, online, or in any other way), with the exception of downloading or printing a single copy for yourself for offline viewing.
- Our Work is Trademarked: Find Fat Fish®, the "Find Fat Fish" logo®, "Your First Stock"®, "Imbalance Sheet"® are active or pending trademarks of Find Fat Fish, LLC. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used on the website are those of their respective owners.
- You Are Responsible for your own investment decisions. Find Fat Fish cannot know all the relevant facts about you and your individual needs, and cannot claim or represent that any particular investments are suitable for you. The point is independence. If you do not accept this responsibility for yourself, then you should not use Find Fat Fish.
- Find Fat Fish may hold stocks in companies we write about. Find Fat Fish does not receive payment or compensation from companies we write about. The fact that Find Fat Fish owns particular stocks does not mean that those stocks are suitable for you.
- We Are Not Liable for any errors or omissions. We believe our sources of information to be accurate and reliable; sometimes they may not be. Content on the website is presented as of the date published or indicated and may be superseded by subsequent market or other events. Find Fat Fish will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from a reader's reliance on the website or any of our services. This includes, but is in no way limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by factors beyond our control in creating or delivering any of our website content or services.
Our Services are directed only to individuals residing in places in which provision of the website’s content and the services is legal. If you are under 18 years old, or such other age as the services may be lawfully provided to you, you may only use our services with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are under 13, we are sorry, but you are not allowed here.
Clients and Prospective Clients: to peruse our Your First Stock® Workshop waiver, go here.
As our lawyer would screamingly reiterate:
THIS IS TEDIOUS, BUT IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
YOU USE THE FIND FAT FISH SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FIND FAT FISH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL THAT YOU PURCHASE OR OBTAIN FROM THE WEBSITE OR THE USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR SIGNIFICANT REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED. FIND FAT FISH MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT OR ANY OF OUR SERVICES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU WILL ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICES AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FIND FAT FISH, ITS AFFILIATES, RELATED ENTITIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THEM. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY MAY BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree that these terms and your use of Find Fat Fish services are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to its principles or rules of conflict of laws to the extent such principles or rules would require or permit the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. You and Find Fat Fish agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located within New York County, New York, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
Find Fat Fish reserves the right to make changes to these terms at any time. If the change is material, we will let you know by email or posting a notice on the site before the changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time (the “Notice Period”) after with the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you must cease using the website. Following the Notice Period, the website and services will be subject to the new terms going forward.
If any provision of these terms is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remainder of the terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in the terms is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. Find Fat Fish reserves the right to require you to sign a non-electronic version of the terms.
By using the website or services, you agree to these terms. If you do not wish to be bound, do not use the website or services.
Last updated: July 28th, 2018
Any questions? Contact email@example.com